Sunday 7 June 2009

from the class of 2009







My daughter's french teacher is retiring at the end of year so to mark this occasion we decided to give her something a little bit different other than a box of chocolates or a mug with best teacher on it. As my daughter is also leaving the school at the end of team she took her camera in to get some snaps of her friends and the teachers. So when I saw the picture of her french class with the teacher I knew I had to do something with it. I was thinking about doing a mini scrapbook for her then I came up with the idea of the candle. I had created some candles using this technique of stamping on to tissue paper colouring them in with stampin up chalks and then heat setting the image on to the candle. I had not tried printing on to tissue paper before. I can say I was very pleased with the results. I'll definitely be doing this one again. Above is a photo of a candle I did with a stamp from stampin up. The set is called "simply said" and the the ribbon is "certainly celery" also from stampin up. I then made a box for it to sit in and wrapped it in celopane then tied more ribbon around the top




2 comments:

  1. Fab idea Marlene - I am sure she will love them :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this a few times now and I really must give it a go. I love the box you have made though even more lol

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete